Palomares House & Park
The Palomares House and Park, home of the FLC Headquarters, is located at 1815 South Stage Coach Lane across from Dinwiddie Preserve.
Palomares House, built in 1888 by the Palomares Family, is one of the oldest houses in Fallbrook. The area around the house was originally part of Rancho Monserate. In 1874, the Rancho's land was divided among the heirs of Ysidro Alvarado. His daughter, Lugarda de Palomares, received a 4500 acre parcel and built a complex of ranch houses, of which only the Palomares House remains.
Ranching and a Christmas tree farm are among the past uses of the property and surrounding land.
In 1990, the house and surrounding 1.5 acres of land were donated to the FLC by Otis and Linda Heald, Al and Flo Pinamonti, and Vince and Joy Ross. The house has been restored and a beautiful park now fills the rest of the property with an arboretum, wildlife sculptures and a memorial tile path through lovely gardens.
Memorial Tile Path
If you're interested in purchasing a memorial tile in the park to honor a loved one, click here for more information.
Take a visual tour of the Wildlife Sculpture Garden at the Palomares House, a collaboration between the Fallbrook Land Conservancy and Art in Public Places.
Scroll down for maps. Download the Palomares House & Park trail map here.
Click here to view: flcland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapTour/index.html?appid=8a1e8ac6c7d948b8b33586e9bdea77e7